According to the county council over 6,000 households in Hertfordshire could be eligible for free school meals but so far haven’t applied, including over 1400 households in the areas from which most of our families come. Might you be one of those families?
As well as missing out on a free school meal, households could be missing out on:
- school milk (Year 3 and over)
- food vouchers during school holidays
- SaverCard which gives half fare bus travel to 11-19 year olds (usually £20)
- help with music lesson fees
- free school holiday activity camps (www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/happy).
For each child that is eligible for a free school meal (through low income), our school will benefit from additional pupil premium which will help to improve education for disadvantaged pupils.
To check if you might be missing out and find out how to apply, click on the button: