Nursery & Reception
Hello to all Nursery and Reception parents and welcome to the Autumn term 2020. I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable summer! We extend a warm welcome to the new children who have joined us in Nursery and Reception and hope they settle in quickly. I am looking forward to getting to know and teach all your children.
Our topic for this half term is Homes.
Children will be learning about:
• Where they live
• The different materials items in our homes are made from
• Different types of houses
• Homes from long ago
• Homes from around the world
Things to do at home:
• Talk with your child about what area they live in, what their road is called and what house number they live at
• Talk with your child about what type of house they live in
• Look at different types of houses when you are out and about with your child
Please can your child bring into school:
• A photo of the outside of their house. Please send the photos in a named envelope and we promise to look after them. The children will share their photos with each other and also use them to help them paint a picture of their house. The photos will be sent home at the end of the topic.
Other information and reminders:
• Nursery and Reception children will change their library books on a Tuesday.
• Please ensure your child has their bookbag in school every day to put in letters, drawings, anything they have made, etc., to take home.
• We will send Charlie Bear home with a different child each week. When it is your child’s turn Charlie Bear will be sent home with them on a Thursday and we would be grateful if he could be returned to school the following Tuesday.
If you have any problems concerning your child please do not hesitate to come and speak to me either before or after school.
I thank you in advance for your support.
Our curriculum booklet can be downloaded here.