Nursery & Reception
Welcome to Nursery and Reception. Here you will find useful information about what work we will be doing this term. As the term progresses we will put up some photographs and examples of work, so please check back later.
You can download the Foundation Stage curriculum booklet here.
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! I would like to wish you all a happy New Year and thank you for all the cards and gifts that you so generously gave to me andnthe other members of the Foundation Stage team for Christmas.
We extend a warm welcome to Ted who has joined us in Nursery and hope he settles in quickly.
Our topic for this half term is People Who Help Us.
Children will be learning about:
· people who help us at school
· people in our family who help us
· people who help us in shops
· ways to help each other
Things to do at home:
· talk with your child about the different people in your family who help them
· look out for emergency services when you are out
· talk about things your child can do to help around the home
Please can your child bring into school:
· a photo of a member of your family or a friend who helps them out of school and is special to them. Please send the photos in a named envelope by Monday 21st January and we promise to look after them. The children will show their photos to each other and discuss who is important to them and why. The children will paint a picture of their special person. The photos will be sent home at the end of the
any empty cardboard boxes (cereal boxes, tissue boxes, etc.,) that the children can use for box modelling to make fire engines, police cars, etc.
· Nursery children will change their library books on a Tuesday but they need to have their bookbags in school every day to put in letters, drawings or anything they have made, etc., to take home
· Reception children will begin to change their reading scheme book on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and continue to change their library books on a Tuesday. Please ensure Reception children
practice the sounds in their green sound book and their words in their word pot at home. If you need any assistance with these tasks please come and speak to me
· We will continue to send Charlie Bear home with a different child each week. When it is your child’s turn Charlie Bear will be sent home with them on a Thursday and we would be grateful if he could be returned to school the following Tuesday
Please do not hesitate to contact me either before or after school if you have any further questions or problems regarding your child.
Thank you again for your continued support.