Nursery & Reception
Hello to all Nursery and Reception parents and welcome to the Autumn term 2020. I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable summer! We extend a warm welcome to the new children who have joined us in Nursery and Reception and hope they settle in quickly. I am looking forward to getting to know and teach all your children.
Our topic for this half term is Myself.
Children will be learning:
• To look at and describe their faces
• To describe their family and pets
• To talk about how to care for a baby
• About the different stages of growing
• To name different parts of the body
• To name their five senses
• To talk about their hobbies and likes and dislikes
• About their feelings and what makes them happy and sad
• To appreciate that everyone is different
Things to do at home:
• Talk with your child about the different people in their family
• Look at some photos of your child when they were a baby with them. Discuss all the things they needed when they were a baby and also all the things they can do now that they could not do when they were a baby
• Talk about how different activities, events, outings, people, etc., make your child feel
Please can your child bring into school, if possible:
• A photo of themselves when they were a baby. Please send the photos in a named envelope and we promise to look after them. The children will share their photos with each other and discuss how they have changed as they have grown. The photos will be sent home at the end of the topic.
If anyone has a young baby we would be very grateful if they would be willing to come into class to explain to the children how they care for the baby.
Other information and reminders:
• Nursery and Reception children will change their library books on a Tuesday.
• Please ensure your child has their bookbag in school every day to put in letters, drawings, anything they have made, etc., to take home.
• We will send Charlie Bear home with a different child each week. When it is your child’s turn Charlie Bear will be sent home with them on a Thursday and we would be grateful if he could be returned to school the following Tuesday.
If you have any problems concerning your child please do not hesitate to call in and see me either before or after school.
I thank you in advance for your support.
Our curriculum booklet can be downloaded here.