Nursery & Reception
Welcome to Nursery and Reception. Here you will find useful information about what work we will be doing this term. As the term progresses we will put up some photographs and examples of work, so please check back later.
You can download the Foundation Stage curriculum booklet here.
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! I would like to wish you all a happy New Year and thank you for all the cards and gifts that you so generously gave to me and the other members of the Foundation Stage team for Christmas.
Our topic for this half term is Weather.
Children will be learning about:
• Different types of weather
• Clothes for different weathers
• Extreme weather
Things to do at home:
• Talk about what the weather is like outside
• Look in your child’s wardrobe and talk about the different kinds of clothes they wear for different weather and seasons
• Look for changes in nature during the spring
Other information and reminders:
• Nursery and Reception children will continue to change their library books on a Tuesday but it is essential they have their bookbags in school every day to put in letters, drawings, anything they have made, etc., to take home.
• Reception children will change their reading scheme book on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
• We will send Charlie Bear home with a different child each week. When it is your child’s turn Charlie Bear will be sent home with them on a Thursday and we would be grateful if he could be returned to school the following Tuesday.
Please do not hesitate to contact me either before or after school if you have any further questions or problems regarding your child.
Thank you again for your continued support.