Nursery & Reception
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and I would like to wish you a Happy New Year!
We extend a warm welcome to Mrs Sullivan who has joined us in Nursery and Reception. We are so pleased to have her in our classroom and I know she has enjoyed getting to know your children over the last few days.
Our topic for this half term is Weather.
Children will be learning about:
• Different types of weather
• Clothes for different weathers
• Extreme weather
Things to do at home:
• Talk about what the weather is like outside
• Look in your child’s wardrobe and talk about the different kinds of clothes they wear for different weather and seasons
• Look for changes in nature during the spring
• Help your child to learn the months of the year
Other information and reminders:
• Nursery children will continue to change their library books on a Tuesday but it is essential they have their bookbags in school every day to put in letters, drawings, anything they have made, etc., to take home.
• Reception children will continue to change their reading scheme book on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and library books on a Tuesday.
• Please ensure Reception children practice their sounds in their green sound book at home and their words in their word pot.
• We will send Bayford Bear home with a different child each week. When it is your child’s turn Bayford Bear will be sent home with them on a Thursday and we would be grateful if he could be returned to school the following Tuesday.
Please do not hesitate to contact me either before or after school if you have any further questions or problems regarding your child.
Thank you again for your continued support.
Our curriculum booklet can be downloaded here.